Good things come in threes—the old adage couldn’t be more true when it comes to easy weeknight cooking. This week, Faith and the gang share their favorite 3-ingredient meals that make weeknight dinners a breeze. Expect to hear some classic combos like avocado, crab, and tomatoes; potatoes, onions, and eggs (tortilla Española); spinach, garlic, and eggs; and broiled sausages and pear or grapes. Hungry yet? Also this week, Mark Raymond shares Passimento, the most romantic wine we’ve had since. . . well, last Valentine’s Day, and Julia Turshen, the writer and coauthor of some of your favorite cookbooks—no doubt—is off on her own with Small Victories. Julia shares recipes for her very popular Turkey + Ricotta Meatballs, Flounder with Roasted Tomatoes + Black Olives, and the stunning Happy Wife, Happy Life Chocolate Cake. SO worth pressing pause on that New Year diet.
Aired: January 5, 2017
Photo: ©2016 Gentl + Hyers.
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Julia Turshen —writer, recipe developer, and author of Small Victories: Recipes, Advice + Hundreds of Ideas for Home-Cooking Triumphs
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Three,” Cameron Ernst
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Cheap Thrills,” Sia
• “Cook for You,” Twinemen
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway