It’s our chicken wing fandango! Where are the best wings in our region? Let us know. Jim Welch, one of the chicken wing kings in our state, joins us for the whole hour—and with abandon—we dig in to buckets of excellent chicken wings from J. Timothy’s Taverne in Plainville. Jim explains why the Buffalo chicken wings from J. Timothy’s are among CT’s best year after year. Plus, the gang offers up all kinds of ways to flavor your wings at home (Think: mole, chimichurri, teriyaki, truffle salt. . .). Finally, everybody knows wings pair well with cold beer, but Alex Province and Mark Raymond share two interesting wine pairings you’ll want to try with wings: one fruity ripe-berry red and one extra-dry bubbly prosecco. Both enhance the spicy party goin’ on in your mouth when you tuck in to a platter (or bucket!) of wings. As a bonus, Faith shares tips about which smoked salmon is best to buy and a surprising appliance that’ll dry your chicken (whole or breast) so that it crisps up beautifully in the oven.
Aired: March 2, 2017 and January 25, 2018
Photo: Alex Province
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Jim Welch — co-owner of J. Timothy’s Taverne in Plainville, CT
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Wind Beneath My Wings,” Bette Midler
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “On The Wings of Love,” Jeffrey Osborn
• “Chicken Tonight,” Daft Cluck
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway