This week, we invite you to explore the holiday foods of a number of culture and cuisines. Faith describes a crispy rice dish she ate while celebrating Persian New Year, Chris recommends Jamaican in Hartford (have you tried Dunn’s River Restaurant?) and David Kirschner, the recipe creator behind the book Matzo, shares some fun ways with everybody’s favorite unleavened cracker. We’re talking about Matzo Nachos, people! Plus, Connecticut architect Martina Lind joins the party to share her favorite Korean dishes and tell you where to get the silkiest tofu in seafood broth in New York City. We also pour a glass of Nimbus, a beautiful single vineyard Sauvignon Blanc.
Aired: March 23, 2017
Photo: Copyright © 2017 Jennifer May
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Martina Lind — Connecticut architect
• David Kirschner — co-author of Matzo: 35 Recipes for Passover and All Year Long
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Holiday,” Madonna
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Peaceful World,” John Mellencamp and India.Arie
• “Seder Plate,” The Macaroons
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway