One of Connecticut’s best chefs, Franco Camacho, joins the party for the whole hour, in this favorite from the archive. Franco is Executive Chef for both Geronimo Tequila Bar & Southwest Grill and Shell & Bones Oyster Bar in New Haven. Franco shares his secrets for the perfect guacamole and gluten-free pan-fried oysters. And the gang discusses what makes a great restaurant server. Insider info about the restaurant biz abounds.
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Arturo Franco Camacho — Executive Chef, Geronimo Tequila Bar & Southwest Grill and Shell & Bones Oyster Bar in New Haven
Aired: January 16, 2020 (Originally aired January 31, 2019)
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Geronimo,” Sheppard
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Guacamole,” Texas Tornadoes
• “Cook For You,” Twineman
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway
Love his creativity, Aztecas had the best Quacomole😊
Rory Wilson says
Don’t do Facebook for obvious reasons, but the best burger in CT is at Bar Bouchee in Madison. Topped with foie gras, nestled on tomato coulis, and escorted by the most ethereal house-made potato chips, it has spoiled me for all other burgers. That’s true — I don’t eat burgers anywhere else any more.