Faith and the gang talk to soda historian, John Neese, about your favorite fizzy drink, in this favorite from the archive. You won’t believe the wacky soda flavors available now! Bacon? Ranch Dressing? Poutine? You can find many unique flavors online at Soda Pop Stop. Plus, we read some listener letters and talk to writer Janet Reich Elsbach about building community through food. Her book is called Extra Helping. Sarah Leathers also joins the party to discuss the important work the Healing Meals Community Project is doing right here in Connecticut.
Aired: February 27, 2020 (Originally aired March 7, 2019)
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — home cook and wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• John Neese — Soda historian, and owner of Galco’s Soda Pop Stop & Old World Grocery in L.A.
• Janet Reich Elsbach — author of Extra Helping: Recipes for Caring, Connecting & Building Community One Dish at a Time
• Sarah Leathers — founder and CEO of Healing Meals Community Project
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Soda Pop” Robbie Williams ft. Michael Bublé
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Help” The Beatles
• “With a Little Help from My Friends” Beatles
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway