This is the season, and a mouth-watering one it is, for bay scallops coming to us from Long Island, Nantucket, and Cape Cod. This is simply done so you can savor the zing of lime against the sweet brine of the baysScallops. We’re crazy about this.
- 1 1/2 pounds Nantucket bay scallops fresh
- 1/2 cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeño pepper stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 4 scallions trimmed, both white and tender green parts thinly sliced on a diagonal
- sea salt
- Remove the nibs from the outside edge of the scallops. Place the scallops in a shallow nonreactive bowl and toss with the lime juice and olive oil. Gently fold in the jalapeño pepper, bell pepper, scallions, and cilantro. Cover the ceviche and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or as long as overnight before serving.
- When ready to serve, give everything a stir, taste for seasoning, and add a pinch of salt if needed. Transfer the ceviche to a decorative serving bowl. Serve chilled with small plates and cocktail forks alongside.
Leave a Reply