What makes burgers so irresistible? In this favorite from the archive, Faith and the gang muse over the perfect burger, from the nuances in beef, to the ratio of toppings, to the types of buns. Burger love abounds. We’ll share your regional recommendations and talk to Josh Welch, a cattle farmer who also co-owns Graze Burgers, a farm-to-bun burger restaurant in Westerly, Rhode Island. Faith asks the executive chef of 1000 North (one of Michael Jordan’s restaurants) exactly what’s in the best burger she’s ever had, and we’ll share the latest vintage of Clos des Lumieres, a boxed red wine from France that pairs as well with burgers as French fries.
Aired: July 30, 2020 and March 14, 2019
Photo: Alex Province
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Josh Welch — farmer and co-owner of Graze Burgers, Westerly, RI
• Lee Morris — Executive chef 1000 North, Jupiter FL
• “Grazing in the Grass,” Hugh Masekela
• “Hamburger Hop,” Johnny Hicks
• “Cheeseburgers in Paradise,” Jimmy Buffet
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway