This week, Faith and the gang dream up entrées that put you in the mood for love and puzzle over Canada’s mysterious butter tart (WHY have we never had one of these delicious-sounding desserts?). Plus, Delia Cabe tells us where in New York you can find the city’s best literary pubs, cocktail bars, and taverns as we explore recipes from her new book, Storied Bars of New York: Where Literary Luminaries Go to Drink.
Aired: February 15, 2018 and February 14, 2019
Photo Courtesy of the Algonquin Hotel
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Delia Cabe — author of Storied Bars of New York
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “I’m in the Mood for Love,” Ella Fitzgerald
• “O Canada,” Paper Lions
• “Where Everybody Knows Your Name,” Gary Portnoy
• “Walk on the Wild Side,” Lou Reed
• “New York, New York,” Frank Sinatra/Dj Zago remix
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway