Faith and the gang celebrate Hanukkah with Leah Koenig, the author of Little Book of Jewish Feasts. Once you’ve tried Leah’s cinnamon-dusted fried chicken, you’ll never make fried chicken any other way. Plus, get the recipe for Balsamic and Brown Sugar Brisket and more of our favorite kitchen tips, including one from a listener in Old Lyme. Mark Raymond pours the new vintage of a perennial favorite wine, and Faith shares the results of a Cooks Illustrated taste test: Which butters are best? She also tips you off to two New York City must-dos: a hot chocolate cart for the holidays and Boulay at Home.
Aired: December 19, 2019 (Originally aired November 29, 2018)
Photo: © 2018 Linda Pugliese
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Leah Koenig — author of Little Book of Jewish Feasts
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Guns or Butter,” Hot Buttered Rum
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Bread and Butter,” The Newbeats
• “Hanukkah, O Hanukkah,” Robyn Dellunto
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway