He’s back! Food Schmooze® favorite Jacques Pépin returns—this time with granddaughter, Shorey, to share recipes from his new cookbook, A Grandfather’s Lessons. Garlicky roast chicken, sausage and potatoes en papillote (so easy!), and homemade chocolate candies. Plus, Mark Raymond shares a rich $10 red wine made with Carménère grapes. Faith knows exactly what she wants to pair with it: a creamy mushroom sauce on pasta.
Aired: September 28, 2017 and October 25, 2018
Photo: ©2017 by Tom Hopkins
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Jacques Pépin — author of A Grandfather’s Lessons: In the Kitchen with Shorey
• Shorey — all-around great kid
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “We Are Family,” Groove Version
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Fresh,” Kool and the Gang (Remix_Semmer)
• “Best Friend,” Queen
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway
Judy pinto says
I completely agree with Jacques family dinner time is very important . This was a great audio and I will be getting that book !
Cristina Perez says
I loved the program and would like to try the salmon for grandma recipe you mentioned. Could you post the recipe?
Robyn Doyon-Aitken says
Hi Cristina. We don’t have permission from the publisher to print that recipe, but you can see a video of Jacques and Shorey making it on Sur La Table’s website. Here’s the link to their video series: https://www.surlatable.com/category/cat670424/