Legendary pitmaster and barbecue expert Mike Mills joins the party with a recipe for perhaps the best pork chops of the summer (includes Top-Shelf Bourbon Butter, folks). Mike shares news about his new cookbook, Praise the Lard and the Big Apple Barbecue Block Party. Plus, Alex Province creates a refreshing “milkshake” made with a fun sparkling rosé and lemon sorbet, and we all offer up dishes from local restaurants we can’t stop thinking about. Park & Oak (West Hartford), Rowdy Hall (East Hampton, NY), and Bravo Bravo (Mystic), you’re all getting shout-outs this week.
Aired: June 8, 2017
Photo: Bourbon-Buttered Reverse-Sear Double-Cut Pork Chops from Praise the Lard, Copyright © 2017 by Ken Goodman. Used by permission of Rux Martin Books / Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Mike Mills — author of Praise the Lard: Recipes and Revelations from a Legendary Life in Barbecue
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “I Can Make Your Hands Clap,” Fitz and the Tantrums
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Something Just Like This,” The Chainsmokers and Coldplay
• “Burned on the Barbecue,” Bob Rivers
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway