Faith and the gang celebrate that ol’ American classic, meatloaf. Meatloaf 1,000 ways! Whether you like 100% beef, a meaty blend, or a meatless meatloaf, there’s a recipe idea here for every loaf lover. (Check out Yankee Magazine’s Meatloaf in a Brown Paper Bag!) Plus, food writer Nik Sharma joins the party with an Indian-spiced international meatloaf, as well as other recipes from his beautiful cookbook, Season. Nik shares recipes for Margherita Naan Pizza, Sumac-Seared Scallops, and Spicy Chocolate Chip-Hazelnut Cookies. Also this week, local chef Ben Zemmel from Alforno in Old Saybrook talks to Faith about what it’s like to take over a successful family restaurant.
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Ben Zemmel — chef and owner of Alforno in Old Saybrook
• Nik Sharma — author of Season
• “Paradise by the Dashboard Light,” Meatloaf
• “Out of the Frying Pan (and into the Fire),” Meatloaf
• “Potato Chips,” Slim Gaillard
• “International Love,” Pittbull feat. Chris Brown
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway