This week, we talk about all the good stuff we’re throwing into our picnic baskets (fried chicken, salads, pie etc.), plus, ideas for chilled strawberry soup, frosty strawberry daiquiris, and a dreamy strawberries and whipped cream cake (use a boxed cake mix, if you like!). We also discuss the joy of sharing a really good bottle of wine with friends—even over burgers.
Aired: July 27, 2017
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Picnic Party,” birdpaula
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “I Feel Good,” Pomplamoose
• “Drink Up,” Train
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway
Leave a Reply