Here’s the scenario: It’s a busy weeknight—you can’t stop at the market on your way home. What are you making for dinner? This week, Faith and friends muse about their favorite weeknight meals pulled together from what’s in the fridge, cabinets, and pantry. Are you well-stocked with rice, canned tuna, beans, cheese, canned tomatoes, and spices? Do you have a great tomato sauce you can turn into three different meals? If not, we’ve got a recipe for you! Cookbook author Pam Anderson joins the party with her updated classic, How to Cook Without a Book. Plus, we’re sharing Domaine La Font de Notre Dame, a beautiful $20 red wine from the Rhône region of France. And Faith discovers that One-Ingredient Ice Cream recipe online.
Aired: March 21, 2019
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken —senior producer
• Pam Anderson —author of How to Cook Without a Book
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Raw Hamburger,” Kool and the Gang
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Dinner Bell,” They Might Be Giants
• “Cook for You,” Kellie Rucker
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway