There’s an art and science to making fresh-tasting, icy cocktails for a crowd from a pitcher or a punch bowl. Learn to make perfect batch cocktails so you can back away from the shaker or bar cart and actually enjoy the food, friends, and family at your own party. Cocktail writer and author of Batch Cocktails, Maggie Hoffman, shares tips and tricks from the best bartenders in the country, along with recipes for nuanced, perfectly scaled-up cocktails specifically meant to fill pitchers and punch bowls. Also this week, since summer is right around the corner, Faith and the gang dream about all the classic summer foods they can’t wait to dig in to: lobster rolls, tomato sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, berries and more.
Aired: May 30, 2019
Photo: © 2019 Kelly Puleio
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Maggie Hoffman — author of Batch Cocktails
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Endless Summer,” Oceana
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Txakolina,” Kupela
• “Moscow Mule,” Skeewiff & Frank Melrose
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway