Here’s a refreshing glass of summer in Italy, the perfect sparkler to make your guests hungry for food. All you need is the widely available Italian liquer, Aperol, and a blood orange.
- 1 ounce blood orange juice or puree
- .5 ounce Campari or less bitter Aperol
- prosecco (an Italian sparkling wine)
- blood orange half wheel for garnish
- Combine the blood orange juice and Campari/Aperol in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice, shake moderately, and strain into a champagne flute.
- Drop in blood orange half wheel and fill with chilled Prosecco.
To create blood orange flavor without an orange mix together 1 ounce of fresh squeezed lemon juice with 1 ounce simple syrup and ½ ounce ruby red grapefruit juice and 1 teaspoon of Aperol.