I love a Bloody Mary cocktail, and while I understand some purists insist that we keep it simple, I like to have fun with it, depending on my mood. I have added chopped clams, Clamato juice, fresh horseradish, until it tastes well-balanced. Imagine my delight at discovering a meatloaf recipe calling for a delicious Bloody Mary mix!
We trust you to make your favorite meatloaf recipe, and…you guessed it…add this secret ingredient — Spicy Bloody Mary Mix from The Casserole Queens Make-a-Meal Cookbook. The recipe here makes enough to serve six for drinks. Use about a half-cup in the meatloaf, assuming about two pounds of ground meat two eggs. Drink the leftover “Mary” with or without vodka. Killer.
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice from 6 limes
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice from 4 lemons
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- In a blender, combine tomato juice, lime juice, lemon juice, garlic, Old Bay, and horseradish, and blend until smooth. Season the mixture to taste with Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate the mixture in a nonreactive container for at least six hours, and up to three days, before serving.
Leave a Reply