We love chorizo, especially Palacios brand, and so Chris Prosperi has created a potato salad using this dry cured chorizo, mixed with vinegar and capers. When he fries the chorizo, it releases its paprika oil and adds to the knock-out flavor combo.
- Chorizo Sausage Potato Salad
- 2 pounds yukon potatoes cooked and cubed
- .5 pound chorizo sausage cubed and cooked in a pan with ½ teaspoon oil until crispy
- 1 bunch scallions chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayple syrup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- .25 cup capers drained
- Place cubed-cooked potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked chorizo sausage with the oil from the pan. Add the chopped scallions, maple syrup, red wine vinegar, and capers. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust with seasonings.