This week, we’re all about back-to-basics cooking. Faith, Chris Prosperi, and Alex Province share ideas for eating well in 2018—you could even call it healthy-ish. Plus, tricks for poaching and braising, and Alex introduces Invetro, from the Renieri Vineyard. This under-$20 wine is a big, bold, Super-Tuscan red. It’s an excellent entry into the world of Super Tuscans, if you’ve ever wondered what that was or wanted to try an affordable wine in the category. And, the recipe you’ll want to make right NOW is a warming braise where onions are the star. Chris made it for our pre-show meal, and we’re still thinking about it.
Aired: January 4, 2018
Photo: Braised Beef with Lots and Lots of Onions by Laura Dart and A.J. Meeker
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Good Life,” One Republic
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Center Stage,” Capital Cities
• “Vegetables,” New Move
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway