Lidia Bastianich is back! She shares recipes from her new book, Lidia’s Celebrate Like an Italian. And we’re ringing in the holidays with local music and local beer. Steve Cusano, founder and owner of Parkville Sounds (a creative space for musicians), and Joy Braddock, co-owner of Hog River Brewing—both in Hartford—join us in the studio to talk about Twang Thursdays: the ultimate coming together of music makers and craft-beer lovers. Their businesses are community anchors, bringing art and vitality to the Parkville section of Hartford. Plus, Alex Province introduces the gang to a special-occasion Syrah from France that you’ll be tempted to drink fireside. It’s velvety and bold and perfect with a holiday roast or an intimate dinner for two. Faith calls it “red liquid gold,” and every sip is to be savored.
Aired: December 21, 2017
Photo (Polenta Torta with Gorgonzola and Savoy Cabbage) by Steve Giralt
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Lidia Bastianich — author of Lidia’s Celebrate Like an Italian
• Steve Cusano — founder and owner of Parkville Sounds
• Joy Braddock — co-owner of Hog River Brewing Co.
NOTE: The teams at Parkville Sounds and Hog River Brewing Co. co-present Twang Thursdays each week from 7-9 pm in Hog River Brewing’s taproom. Visit Hog River Brewing’s website for information about the brewery and additional events. And visit the Parkville Sounds website for information about lessons, rehearsal space, or studio sessions.
Photo of Ben and Joy Braddock by Alicia Millane Imaging
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Merry Christmas, Baby,” CeeLo Green and Rod Stewart
• “Don’t Take Off,” Wise Old Moon
• “Change Your Mind,” Broca’s Area
• “This City,” Patrick Stump
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway