The gang shares more restaurant hot spots (shout-outs to Old Wethersfield Country Store, Taste of China, ON20, Heirloom, Pierre’s, Forbidden City Bistro, and more!) And Alex Province introduces Saumur, a lovely French white wine under $20. Fresh, with the right amount of acidity, it somehow worked with short ribs. Plus, Boston-based chef Matt Jennings joins the party to talk about his new cookbook celebrating New England, Homegrown. Get Matt’s recipes for Milk-Braised Chicken with Spiced Rice, Short Ribs with Moxie Beans, and a phenomenal Chocolate Beet Cake with Chocolate-Orange Glaze.
Aired: February 22, 2018 and January 24, 2019
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Matt Jennings — author of Homegrown
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Bread and Butter,” Newbeats
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Boston Beans,” Peggy Lee
• “New England,” Jonathan Richman
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway