Ordering a bottle of wine in a restaurant can be tricky. Our wine experts share their best tips and tricks. Plus, friend-of-the-show chef Prasad Chirnomula of INDIA in West Hartford joins the party with a seafood moilee, and we talk movies and recipes with Sri Rao, author of Bollywood Kitchen. Sri pairs Bollywood movies with Indian dishes anyone can make at home. We started with his easy-to-make Bollyburgers!
Aired: March 8, 2018 and February 21, 2019
Photo: Sidney Bensimon
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Prasad Chirnomula — Chef and owner of INDIA in West Hartford, Conn.
• Sri Rao — author of Bollywood Kitchen
• “Discowale Khisko,” Shahid Kapoor and Rani Mukerji from Dil Bole Hadippa
• “Pinga,” Shreya Ghoshal from Bajirao Mastani
• “Chaiyya Chaiyya/Don’t Stop (mash up),” Vidya Vox feat. Sam Tsui and Shankar Tucker (Chaiyya Chaiyya is from Dil Se)
• “Munni Baby,” Hemachandra, Chaitra H. G. from Shibanagam/Nagarahavu
• “Baraat,” Mychael Danna from Monsoon Wedding
• “Your Good Name,” Mychael Danna from Monsoon Wedding
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway
Leave a Reply