If you’ve never tried a chocolate omelet, you’re missing out. This week, John E. Finn, author of The Perfect Omelet shares all his tips and tricks for this anytime meal. He also shares recipes for two savory omelets (we ate one for our pre-show meal and it was the best omelet we’ve ever had). Plus, we sipped a chardonnay from Jonathan Edwards, a Connecticut winery in North Stonington. It pairs well with eggs! Ideas for a simple no-cook tomato sauce, and more, in this favorite from the archive.
Aired: June 4, 2020 (Originally aired Sept. 7, 2017)
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• John E. Finn — author of The Perfect Omelet
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “I Ate the Whole Thing,” Martin Sease
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Rock it Your Own Way,” Michelle Chamuel
• “I’m Putting All My Eggs in One Basket,” Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway
Leave a Reply