Let’s get cozy! We talk to chef Gunnar Karl Gíslasen and Jody Eddy about how to incorporate the Danish practice of Hygge into our everyday lives. They share recipes and ideas from their new book, The Hygge Life, and we share our own most-hygge comfort meals. Think: Sunday red sauce, a cheesy béchamel, Linda Giuca’s Pastina, shepherd’s pie, and a good ol’ fashioned grilled cheese. Plus, we’re bringing Soave back. It’s a crisp Italian white wine we love. You will, too. On our Facebook page, we’re asking professional and home bartenders: What do you drink at home?
Aired: March 1, 2018 and January 10, 2019
Photo: Bratwurst with Sauerkraut and Smashed Potatoes copyright © 2017 by Peter Frank Edwards
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Gunnar Karl Gislasen and Jody Eddy— authors of The Hygge Life
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Best Day of My Life,” Imagine Dragons
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Neon Experience,” Júníus Meyvant
• “Drink Up,” Train
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway