Feed the Resistance! Food Schmooze® favorite Julia Turshen joins the party to talk about the recipes in her unique new cookbook. Plus, Santa Carolina produces a food-friendly Cabernet Sauvignon that goes with everything on your holiday table, from beef to latkes to chocolate desserts. Faith also shares an appetizer that that won’t weigh guests down and a method for making quick-preserved lemons you can prep now and give as a homemade gift later.
Aired: December 7, 2017
Photo: Gentl & Hyers
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Julia Turshen — author of Feed the Resistance
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Run the World (Girls),” Beyonce
• “It’s Begining to Look a Lot Like Christmas” Bing Crosby
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Christmas Cookies,” Loose Cattle
• “New Day,” Alicia Keys
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway