Author Drew Lazor joins the party to talk about the hot trend in cool cocktails (and his book): Session Cocktails—low-proof drinks to sip and celebrate with friends throughout an evening. Drew shares recipes for cocktail legend Dale DeGroff’s Watermelon Cooler (so perfect for right now), Pimm’s Cup, and everybody’s favorite frosty wine, Frosé. Plus, Faith shares her method for making crispy polenta fries, Alex Province shares his grilled quail with mole sauce, and Mark Raymond pours a rich white wine from the Côtes du Rhône region in France. We loved it.
Aired: July 25, 2019 (originally aired July 19, 2018)
Photo: Watermelon Cooler, ©2018 Lizzie Monro
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Drew Lazor — author of Session Cocktails with the editors of PUNCH
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “The Whole Enchilada,” Keb Mo
• “White Wine,” The Vernons
• “Tequila,” The Champs/Vinnie Maniscalco Remix
• “Let the Good Times Roll,” Joe Bonamassa
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway