Alex Province shares ideas for summer sangria two ways as well as his method for making Mexican street corn. And Susan Buckley led a fascinating life with the writer, photographer, and gourmand Peter Buckley. Her memoir, Eating with Peter, is a recounting of her experiences—chef by chef, dish by dish—from France, to Morocco, to the Caribbean, and back to New York. This week, Susan describes their delicious life together. Plus, we taste the perfect vacation rosé from the Coppola empire (it’s available everywhere!) and dish with a local foodie Food Schmooze® fan who happens to be a 10-year-old girl from New Haven. Chris Prosperi made a spin on Linda Giuca’s mac-and-cheese in her honor.
Aired: August 9, 2018
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Isabella Nunez — total sweetheart and local Food Schmooze® fan
• Donald Walker — instructor at Gateway Community College, proud grandpa, and Food Schmooze® fan
• Susan Buckley — author of Eating with Peter
• “Come Sit Next to Me,” Foster the People
• “Hang Out with You,” Mary Lambert
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Vegetables,” New Move
• “Good Life,” One Republic
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway