This week, we take a Ranker quiz on the most popular vegetables. Kids weren’t surveyed, so broccoli made the list. Mark Raymond pours a creamy $10 white wine and we learn why “grapes that suffer” produce some of the best wines in the world. Emmy® Award winning filmmaker Bailey Pryor is with us to talk about his PBS documentary Gluten Free and one of our favorite farmers and cooks, Susie Middleton, shares recipes from her new book, Simple Green Suppers.
Note: Gluten Free airs May 17 at 11 PM on CPTV. Check your local PBS station schedule for airtimes going forward.
Aired: May 4, 2017
Photo: Avocado Toast, © 2017 by Randi Baird
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Bailey Pryor — filmmaker, Gluten Free
• Susie Middleton — author of Simple Green Suppers
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Good to Be Alive,” Andy Grammer
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Cherry Bomb,” Justin Garner
• “Fresh,” Kool & the Gang (remix)
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway