A recipe from our friend Francoise, which Peter adapted for Eat It Raw.
— Susan Buckley
Excerpted from Eating with Peter by Susan Buckley. Published by Arcade Publishing. Copyright © 2018 by Susan Washburn Buckley.
- 2 cups raw (uncooked) couscous
- 1-1/2 cups lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peppers
- 1-1/2 cups whole mint leaves
- 1 cup raw, skinned almonds, broken into halves or large pieces*
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped hot peppers
- 2 teaspoons salt
Servings: -4 people
- Spread couscous in a large flat dish. Pour 1¼ cups lemon juice over the couscous, wetting all of the grains; do not stir. After 15 minutes, rub the couscous between your finger tips. Repeat the rubbing in half an hour and then again in one hour.
- Add tomatoes, peppers, and mint to couscous and chill for several hours. Before serving, add nuts, oil, hot peppers, salt, and remaining lemon juice.
*Since this recipe was adapted for Eat It Raw, the almonds were raw, but they’re really much better if they’re toasted!
Leave a Reply