If you’re trying to watch your carbs, but craving a BLT, here’s a salad that won’t let you down.
- 6 strips bacon thick cut, drained and chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cups croutons
- 1/4 cup red onion small diced
- 12 leaves basil thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar balsamic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 1 head lettuce romaine, shredded
- Place the chopped cooked bacon, tomato halves, croutons, small diced red onion, and basil in a medium mixing bowl and mix well. Toss with the vinegar, olive oil, kosher salt, sugar, and a couple of grinds of black pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and sugar if needed. Serve over shredded romaine.
Ellen Kieffer says
Everybody loves BLTs!
We had a yummy BLT soup at The Catnip Mouse restaurant in New Hartford. Do you have a recipe for it.?
Robyn Doyon-Aitken says
Just a recipe for the salad so far (and the classic sandwich, but who needs a recipe for that, right?). Thanks for listening!