Italian importer Rolando Beramendi shares recipes from his new cookbook, Autentico, for a simple fennel salad, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil Cake and a luscious deconstructed pizza, minus the crust. You’ll want to dig in! Connecticut lawyer Carlo Forzani tells us about his dream to start a vineyard on his family property in Piemonte, Italy, and Alex Province brings us the flavors of the southwest. It’s a fun-packed hour for food lovers.
Aired: June 7, 2018
Photo: Pizza without Crust ©2017 Laurie Frankle
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Carlo Forzani — Connecticut lawyer, Italian food and wine lover, aspiring winemaker
• Rolando Beramendi — author of Autentico: Cooking Italian the Authentic Way
• “Mambo Italiano,” Dean Martin
• “Life Is Just a Bowl of Cherries,” Jaye P. Morgan
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Manga!,” (Italian Street Song)
• “Italian Food,” Patrick Mansfield
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway
Leave a Reply