Grill like the French. Faith and the gang talk to the author of the eye-popping, mouthwatering new cookbook, French Grill. Recipes include Salmon with Tarragon Butter, Grilled Potato Salad, and a decadent Flourless Chocolate Cake (it’s grilled, too, of course!). Plus, thanks to Alex Province, we taste an affordable boxed red wine from France and eat authentic handmade tamales from Tucson, Arizona—they ship! You’ll also find out where you can recycle your wine corks in Connecticut.
Aired: July 18, 2019 (Originally aired August 16, 2018)
Photo: © 2018 Francis Hammond
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Susan Herrmann Loomis — author of French Grill
• Peter Weber — Executive Director of the Cork Quality Council
• “Come on Over,” Christina Aguilera
• “Free Your Mind,” En Vogue
• “Sous le Ciel de Paris,” Edith Piaf
• “Chorizo Sandwich,” Los Alacranes
• “Head Happy with Wine,” Sticks McGee
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway