You haven’t seen grilled cheese recipes like these before. The sandwiches in Eric Greenspan’s The Great Grilled Cheese Book will blow your mind. Recipes include the Elvis Grilled Cheese, a Mole Melt and more. Plus, Faith talks to the co-owner of North Fork’s King Andrew Cheese Carriage, where they specialize in offering cheese flights. Faith details her experience touring the truck/cheese cave and eating founders’ Reeve Andrew and Jessie King’s delicious cheeses from around the world. Alex Province describes Arizona’s “dashboard chocolate chip cookies.” And for our white wine drinkers: Have you tried Vermentino? If you like Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon Blanc, Calasole is a crisp white wine you’ll want to try. What’s happening on Facebook? Vacation photos! Share your vacation or stay-cation pics with the Food Schmooze® community.
Aired: August 15, 2019 (originally aired August 23, 2018)
Photo: Colin Price © 2018
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Reeve Andrew — co-founder of King Andrew Cheese
• Eric Greenspan — author of The Great Grilled Cheese Book
• “Celebrate,” Kool & the Gang
• “Game of Thrones Theme”
• “Vacation,” The Go-Go’s
• “Happy,” Pharrell Williams
• “Everything That I do Gonh be Funky (From Now On),” Madeleine Peyroux
• “Burning Love,” Elvis Presley
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway