Get inspiration for making soup a hearty meal. Faith shares her Greek Lemon Chicken Soup with Quinoa recipe, Chris Prosperi shares his shortcut Tomato-Chicken Soup recipe, and Alex Province turns homemade stock into a quick Spanish soup that normally takes hours to make. Merlot lovers, this one’s for you: Mark Raymond opens a bottle of red that’s luscious, juicy, and un unbelievable value at $10. Plus, Sarah DiGregorio offers up recipes and tips from her new book, Adventures in Slow Cooking. Think of all the things you could do with her 3-ingredient Winter Tomato Sauce!
Aired: January 11, 2018
Photo: Miso-Butter Roast Chicken and Potatoes by Andrew Purcell
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Sarah DiGregorio — author of Adventures in Slow Cooking
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Blues Soup,” Montetrik
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Electric Love,” Børns
• “Slow Cookin,” Bobbie Gentry
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway