We invite you to explore the holiday foods from a number of cultures and cuisines, in this favorite from the archive. Faith describes a crispy rice dish she ate while celebrating Persian New Year, and David Kirschner, the recipe creator behind the book Matzo, shares some fun ways with everybody’s favorite unleavened cracker. We’re talking about Matzo Nachos, people! Plus, Connecticut architect Martina Lind joins the party to share her favorite Korean dishes and we pour a glass of Nimbus, a beautiful single-vineyard Sauvignon Blanc.
Aired: April 2, 2020 (Originally aired March 23, 2017)
Photo: Copyright © 2017 Jennifer May
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Martina Lind — Connecticut architect
• David Kirschner — co-author of Matzo: 35 Recipes for Passover and All Year Long
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Holiday,” Madonna
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Peaceful World,” John Mellencamp and India.Arie
• “Seder Plate,” The Macaroons
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway