People drive hours out of their way to experience the Red Truck Bakery in rural Virginia. Now you can make Brian Noyes’ gold-standard recipes at home. The Red Truck Bakery Cookbook is filled with Brian’s stories (he’s a natural storyteller) and recipes you’ll want to make for friends and family—or President Obama, should you want to bake his favorite pie (he’s a fan!). Brian joins the party to share some of the stories behind the cakes and pies that have made him a household name.
Recipes featured in this episode:
Barnyard Breakfast Pie
Madeleines for Jacques Pepin
Double-Chocolate Moonshine Cake
Aired: May 7, 2020 (Originally aired May 2, 2019)
Photo: © 2018 by Andrew Thomas Lee
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Brian Noyes — author of Red Truck Bakery Cookbook
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Vegetables,” Rabbit!
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Ring of Fire,” Johnny Cash
• “Down in Virginia,” Jimmy Reed
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway
Leave a Reply