People drive hours out of their way to experience the Red Truck Bakery in rural Virginia. Now you can make Brian Noyes’ gold-standard recipes at home. The Red Truck Bakery Cookbook is filled with Brian’s stories (he’s a natural storyteller) and recipes you’ll want to make for friends and family—or President Obama, should you want to bake his favorite pie (he’s a fan!). Brian joins the party to share some of the stories behind the cakes and pies that have made him a household name. Faith and the gang also get ready for Mother’s Day brunch, swear they’ll grill on an old-school hibachi this summer, and toast to the new vintage of a rosé made famous after the novelist Amy Bloom swooned over it on The Faith Middleton Food Schmooze® last year.
Events featured in this episode: The Mary Wade 14th Annual Wine Dinner
Aired: May 2, 2019
Photo: © 2018 by Andrew Thomas Lee
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Brian Noyes — author of Red Truck Bakery Cookbook
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Vegetables,” Rabbit!
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Ring of Fire,” Johnny Cash
• “Down in Virginia,” Jimmy Reed
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway