Make extra everything! Faith and the gang have ideas for reinventing Thanksgiving leftovers. Julia Turshen joins the party with recipes from her book, Now & Again, including roast turkey breast and a sheet-pan stuffing. Plus, learn how to make perfect mashed potatoes and get Faith’s picks for holiday wines you’ll want to put out on the table. Mix and match. . .something for everyone! Our recommendation for this Thanksgiving: Shooting Star, a bold, opulent American red Zinfandel.
Aired: November 15, 2018
Photo: © 2018 David Loftus
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Julie Turshen — author of Now & Again: Go-To Recipes, Inspired Menus + Endless Ideas for Reinventing Leftovers
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Mashed Potatoes,” Dee Dee Sharp
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Thanksgiving Day,” Ray Davis
• “Be Thankful,” Natalie Cole
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway