No pizza dough, no problem. This week, we’ve got all the lighting fast and fun ways to make pizza on the grill—even with a baguette or tortilla. In fact, Faith’s new favorite “instant” pizza: chicken and watermelon with cheese on a corn tortilla. You’ll want to steal this idea. Plus, Alex Province invents “Biscuit Chili Dog Pizza” out of ingredients he saves for storms and power outages. For the scratch-cooks out there: a homemade pizza dough recipe from the editor of the new book The Total Grilling Manual, Lisa Atwood. Lisa also shares recipes for Grilled Peaches with Butter-Rum Glaze and amped up S’mores (think way beyond the grahams and chocolate). This one’s for you, campfire cooks! Finally, the gang experiments with beer ice cubes. Will the beer freeze enough and will the cubes keep our mugs ice cold? We shot video to answer that question. Listen (and watch!). It’s a Food Schmooze® pizza party with the works.
Aired: August 1, 2019 (originally aired July 28, 2016)
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Cool,” Alesso
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Rock It Your Own Way,” Michelle Chamuel
• “It’s Always a Good Time,” Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway