Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 50:58 — 23.5MB) | Embed
Kitchen tips galore. This week, we’re sharing several of our favorites, including Chris Prosperi’s trick for preparing your whole dinner in a rice cooker. It’s possible! Plus the gang shares tips for using a mandolin to prep ingredients for salads and slaws; and a fast, easy recipe for garlic-lemon shrimp and grits. Finally, we call out, “Table for one,” loud and proud. Cookbook author Klancy Miller joins us to talk about her book, Cooking Solo. It’s all about the joy of cooking for yourself. Klancy shares recipes for a dilly salmon pasta dish (it uses up leftovers!), and Polenta with Shiitake Mushrooms. She shares her Orange Blossom Almond Cake recipe too, because you are SO allowed to bake a cake for yourself.
Photo: © 2016 Tara Donne
Aired: July 23, 2020 (Previously aired September 26, 2019 and September 8, 2016 )
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Klancy Miller —author of Cooking Solo
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It),” Beyoncé
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Sit Still, Look Pretty,” Daya
• “Me, Myself & I,” G-Eazy (feat. Bebe Rexha)
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway
Laurie Mazzamurro says
Chris, I’m all about the jarred garlic! Especially being a single gal, it lasts longer than fresh does by the time I get around to cooking!!!!