When asked to create a cocktail suitable for brunch for our Food Schmooze® party celebrating breakfast, Anthony DeSerio invented a beautiful punch—that packs a punch. It’s a knock-out. Reason enough, we thought, to warm the griddle, pull out the waffle iron, and call a few friends over for brunch this weekend.
- 9 ounces Hendrick's gin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lemon
- 2 grapefruit (1 is for garnish)
- 6 ounces aperol
- 9 ounces Domaine de Canton ginger liquor
- 18 ounces lemon juice
- 3 ounces grapefruit juice
- 12 ounces (roughly 1/2 bottle) sparkling Rosé
- Muddle (Press peels into sugar with a muddler until coated with sugar and oils are released. About a minute) 1/2 lemon peel 1/4 grapefruit peel and sugar in the bottom of a serving pitcher.
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, fill with ice and stir briefly.
- Garnish with grapefruit wheels and serve in any glass you like, with or without ice.
Leave a Reply