This is the first dessert we ever served at Avocaderia. We initially used almond milk, but after discovering that one of our staff members was allergic to almonds, we swapped in coconut milk and loved the result, which is still vegan and dairy-free. Store the mousse in a resealable container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
— Alessandro Biggi, Francesco Brachetti and Alberto Gramigni
Excerpted from AVOCADERIA: AVOCADO RECIPES FOR A HEALTHIER, HAPPIER LIFE © 2018 Alessandro Biggi, Francesco Brachetti and Alberto Gramigni. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved. Photography © Henry Hargreaves.
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk or canned coconut milk
- 1 pound dairy-free dark chocolate preferably 60% cacao, coarsely chopped
- 4 small ripe avocados pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons puffed quinoa, for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons Maldon sea salt, for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons Aleppo pepper flakes for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- In a small saucepan, heat the almond milk over medium-high heat until it registers 175°F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped chocolate until melted; let cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, combine the avocados, agave, orange zest, and cooled chocolate mixture and blend on high speed until smooth.
- To serve, divide the mixture among four bowls. Sprinkle evenly with the puffed quinoa, sea salt, and Aleppo pepper and drizzle with the olive oil.
Leave a Reply