Alex Province is an Ina Garten fan and likes to make a version of her potato salad. We think it’s a refreshing twist to use fresh radishes to give it that onion-like crunch. (It was also Alex’s imaginative idea to use a jar of Indian ghee (butter) for a potato salad, and to add curry powder.)
- 3 pounds red potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- .25 cup buttermilk or white wine
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 slices crispy bacon chopped
- .25 cup fresh dill chopped
- .25 cup celery medium, diced
- .25 cup red onion small-diced
- 4 radishes finely sliced
- sea salt
- black pepper freshly ground
- Cook potatoes in salted water for 15 minutes until barely tender. Drain and put back into hot pot and cover to keep warm.
- In a bowl mix mayonnaise, buttermilk, Dijon mustard, whole-grain mustard, dill, and season with salt and pepper.
- Quarter the potatoes and place into a large bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the potatoes to moisten. Add the bacon, celery, onion and radishes.
- Toss well and season. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Leave a Reply