The sweet raspberry champagne vinaigrette adds a retro pink touch to the colors and textures of this beautiful salad. The bitter radicchio and sweet raspberries contrast with the peppery radishes and salty prosciutto for a really dynamic flavor combination.
Excerpted from Pure Delicious by arrangement with Pam Krauss Brooks, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company. Copyright © 2016, Heather Christo LLC.
For the salad
- 4 cups radicchio (approximately 2 heads) torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 ounces proscuitto thinly sliced
- 6 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
For the Raspberry Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cloves garlic coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt
Servings: - 4 people
- On a platter or in a serving bowl, combine the radicchio, prosciutto, radishes, raspberries, and shallot. Set aside.
- To make the raspberry champagne vinaigrette: In a blender, combine the vinaigrette ingredients and purée until smooth.
- Drizzle the salad with the vinaigrette and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply