What should you drink to ring in 2018? We’re sharing our top sparkling wine picks and three simple recipes featuring sparkling wine (Hello, Prosecco Margarita!). Plus, 3-ingredient cocktails—recipes for classics and some twists anyone can make. Our guest is author and New York Times columnist Robert Simonson. Robert shares the stories behind the classic Moscow Mule and Champagne Cocktail, plus his own cocktail creation with ties to Connecticut.
Aired: December 28, 2017
Photo: Colin Price © 2017
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Robert Simonson — author of 3-Ingredient Cocktails
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Auld Lang Syne,” Straight No Chaser
• “Moscow Mule,” Skeewiff & Frank Melrose
• “One Mint Julip,” Ray Charles Orchestra
• “Pink Champagne,” Ariana Grande
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway
Leave a Reply