This week, Faith shares an easy shrimp scampi sauce that you can put on pasta—and anything, really—to make it better. We have two summer red wine discoveries. Both reds (the first, a Tempranillo from the Rioja region of Spain, and the second, Domaine le Clos des Lumieres from the Rhone region of southern France) are affordable and pair with anything cooked on the grill. The gang also shares tips for keeping your wine icy cold as well as add-ins that make any wine feel celebratory. Add a splash of club soda, ripe strawberries or blackberries, make rosé ice cubes and throw them in the glass. . .we’re doing it and so can you. Plus, Faith asks New York doctor and author Rock Positano what it was like to have dinner with American icon, Joe DiMaggio.
Aired: May 25, 2017
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Dr. Rock Positano — author of Dinner with DiMaggio
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Summer Sippin’,” Boehm & DVNNI
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Centerfield,” John Fogerty
• “Joltin’ Joe DiMaggio,” Les Brown Orchestra
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway