This week, think spring—and celebratory Easter food, like an easy glaze for ham. Plus, the author of All-Time Favorite Sheet Cakes & Slab Pies shares dessert recipes that feed a crowd: Lemon Ricotta Cake, Triple-Chocolate Cheesecake, and the best Gluten-Free Coffee Cake Faith’s ever had. Plus, we tip our hats to Mary Colby, a local baker who took on all 250 recipes in Mary Berry’s Baking Bible. What are you doing to jazz up your Easter ham? We want to know. And finally, Faith dishes about the Food 52 recipe that’s driving her wild at the moment: Kung Pao Potatoes.
Aired: March 22, 2018
Photo: © 2017 Eric Medsker
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Bruce Weinstein — co-author of All-Time Favorite Sheet Cakes & Slab Pies
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Holiday,” Madonna
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Cut the Cake,” Average White Band
• “If I Knew You Were Coming,” Georgia Gibbs
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway