It’s our potato spud-tacular. In this favorite from the archive, James Beard Award winning author Raghavan Iyer joins the party to share recipes from his cookbook Smashed, Mashed, Boiled and Baked—And Fried Too! Yup. Ultimate French Fries, Hasselback Potatoes, and more. Plus, we’ve curated a few favorite tips and product reviews from our favorite magazines, take a Super Bowl food quiz, and think of ways we can incorporate potatoes into our Super Bowl party spread.
Aired: January 30, 2020 (Originally aired January 19, 2017 and February 1, 2018)
Photo: Hasselback Potatoes with Cardamom Butter by Matthew Benson
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Raghavan Iyer — author of Smashed, Mashed, Boiled and Baked—And Fried Too!
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Do the Mashed Potato,” James Brown
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “French Fried Potatoes and Ketchup,” Amos Milburn
• “Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off,” Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway