Spiral-veggie master Ali Maffucci shares vegetable-centric recipes that go waaay beyond the spiralizer. We’re talking quiche with sliced sweet potato crust, arugula and sweet pepper breakfast pizza, and Philly Cheesesteaks in Bell Pepper Cups. Plus, Faith and the gang brainstorm ideas for a gazpacho-like BLT Bloody Mary and sip Stark-Condé’s plummy Cabernet from South Africa that’ll take us right into fall.
Aired: September 6, 2018
Photo: copyright © Evan Sung
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Ali Maffucci — author of Inspiralized & Beyond
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “You Spin Me Round (Like a Record),” Dead or Alive/Ninja Sex Party Remix
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Do Ya Think I’m Sexy,” Rod Stewart (Instrumental)
• “My Cape Town,” iScream and the Chocolate Stix
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway