Everybody loves a good shortcut! This week, Connecticut author Bruce Weinstein is back to share recipes and tips from his new book, The Kitchen Shortcut Bible. Make no-flip omelets in your waffle iron, Bundt-Pan Chicken, time-saving slow-cooker packets, and quick Pasta Carbonara. Plus, learn the trick to roasting a turkey right out of the freezer. Alex Province shares Château Vieux Poirier, a sturdy Bordeaux with dark plum notes. Open the bottle, pour a glass, and as you sip away, you’ll taste a wine that opens up in the glass.
Aired: October 18, 2018
Photo: Photo: © 2018 Eric Medsker
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Mark Raymond — wine expert
• Bruce Weinstein — co-author The Kitchen Shortcut Bible
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “You Make it Easy,” Jason Aldean
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Freeze,” Andy Grammer
• “Chicken Tonight,” Daft Cluck
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway