Dry-brining makes a comeback this Thanksgiving. Find out why cooks—home cooks and the pros—are dry-brining their birds this year. It’s easy, and mostly hands-off. For tips, Chris Prosperi joins us via phone from beautiful Florida, where he’s cooking for thousands during Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival. Also, novelist-turned-cookbook author (and Connecticut local!) Jane Green shares her new book with us, Good Taste. Her recipes are all about good food, simply prepared for family and friends. The more the merrier. Our favorites from her book : Curried Parsnip and Apple Soup, to start off the feast, and two sweet, beautiful ways to end it: Flourless Chocolate Chestnut Truffle Torte and a showstopping Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle.
Aired: November 10, 2016 and November 2, 2017
Photo: Tom McGovern
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Robyn Doyon-Aitken — senior producer
• Jane Green — author of 17 New York Times bestsellers, and the new cookbook, Good Taste
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Party in the U.S.A. (Instrumental),” Miley Cyrus
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “Thanksgiving Day,” Ray Davis
• “Be Thankful,” Natalie Cole
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway